SARASOTA, FL. – October 17, 2016 – 8:15 a.m.
On Thursday, October 13, 2016, the Sarasota Police Department Narcotics Unit, with the assistance of the Street Crimes Unit and Intelligence Unit, executed a search warrant at 1908 29th Street, Sarasota.
The search warrant was obtained as a result of an investigation of narcotics sales from the residence.
As a result of the search warrant, the suspect of the drug sales was arrested. Elijiata Williams, 30, of 1908 29th Street, Sarasota, was on house arrest at the time of the search warrant.
Sarasota Police Detectives seized:
· $2,500 in U.S. currency,
· 2 firearms (KalTec 9mm assault rifle and Glock 9mm handgun),
· 221.9 grams of marijuana,
· 26 pills of hydromorphone,
· Trace amount of powder cocaine
There were numerous loaded, high capacity magazines with the two firearms. Williams has been charged with:
· Possession of Marijuana with intention to sell within 1000 Feet of a Park
· Possession of a Controlled Substance (Hydromorphone) with intention to distribute within 1000 Feet of a Park
· Possession of Cocaine
· Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
· Possession of Ammunition by a Convicted Felon
· Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
· Violation of Probation (Possession of a Controlled Substance) 2 COUNTS
· Violation of Probation (Possession of Marijuana)