SARASOTA, FL. – November 29, 2016 – 12:30 p.m.
The 21st Annual Downtown Sarasota Holiday Parade will be held on Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 7 p.m. The parade will begin at Main Street and U.S. 301 in downtown Sarasota. The parade will end at J.D. Hamel Park at Main Street and Gulfstream Avenue.
There will be several vehicle tow away zones and street closure notices in effect for the following times:
· 9 a.m.: Main Street closed from U.S. 301 to U.S. 41
· 12 p.m.: Fletcher Ave., Wallace Ave., & School Ave. all closed between Main St. and Fruitville Rd.
· 12 p.m. : East Ave. closed from Fruitville Rd. and Ringling Blvd.
· 2:30 p.m.: Lemon Ave. closed from Main St. to 1st St.
· 5 p.m.: Gulfstream Ave. closed from U.S. 41 to McAnsh Square
· 5:30 p.m.: U.S. 301 closed from Fruitville Rd to Ringling Blvd.
· 7 p.m.: Parade begins
Roads will re-open once the end of the parade reaches a two-block distance from each road closure. Towing will begin at 5:30 p.m. Vehicles not removed by the posted time will be towed at the owner’s expense. For information on towed vehicles, contact Upman’s Towing at 941-365-7084.