SARASOTA, FL. – March 8, 2016 – 9:30 a.m.
The First Watch Sarasota Half Marathon and Relay will be held on Sunday, March 13, 2016. Race day packet pickup begins at 5:30 a.m. with the race beginning at 6:45 a.m. The race is scheduled to end at 10:30 a.m.
The start and finish line is at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota. Due to the race participants sharing the roadway along the race route, there will be temporary lane closures at the following locations:
- Southbound US 41 from University Park to Gulfstream Avenue
- Westbound University Parkway at US 41
- Gulfstream Avenue/ John Ringling Blvd at US 41
- Westbound Jon Ringling Blvd from US 41 to St. Armand’s Circle
- Eastbound John Ringling Blvd from St. Armand’s Circle to Bayfront Drive
- Southbound US 41 and Gulfstream Avenue (Beach traffic will be directed into one lane for Westbound turns)
- Northbound US 41 and Gulfstream Avenue (Only one lane for beach traffic, the second turn lane will be closed. Both Northbound US 41 lanes will remain ope)
- Southbound John Ringling Parkway will be detoured around St. Armand’s Circle
Boaters planning to use the 10th Street Boat Ramp on Sunday may wish to use the Ken Thompson Parkway boat launch due to the race traffic. Drivers, residents and spectators are asked to have patience before, during and after the race with temporary lane closures. Drivers are urged to use caution during the event.
Drivers can expected delays due to temporary lane closures and the increase of traffic volume during the late morning hours. Neighborhoods affected by the race cause are being asked to plan accordingly. Sarasota Police Officers and Volunteers will be posted along the route to assist motorists and residents in congested areas and to ensure the safety of the Half Marathon participants.