SARASOTA, FL – February 10, 2017 – 11:30 a.m.
Detectives with the Sarasota Police Department are attempting to identify a credit card fraud suspect who was caught on camera multiple times throughout 2016 using stolen credit cards in the City of Sarasota.
In recent weeks, multiple detectives have learned the same suspect was caught on camera using a stolen or skimmed credit card in April 2016, May 2016 and December 2016. Video from April, May and December can be found at https://youtu.be/B3hYpBmHgfw Detectives have reason to believe the suspect is still in the area and may still be using stolen credit cards.
Detectives suggest the following safety tips to keep your personal and banking information safe:
· Check and monitor banking accounts for fraudulent activity
· Businesses should check identification of credit card users
· Shred receipts, bank statements and similar documents no longer needed
· Limit what you carry when you go out. Take only the identification, credit and debit cards needed
· Report all suspicious activity to local law enforcement
Anyone with information on this case, please call Detective Dan Riley at 941-954-7062 or leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers by calling 941-366-TIPS or online at www.sarasotacrimestoppers.com