SARASOTA, Fla. -- July 10, 2017 -- 10:30 a.m.
On Saturday at approximately 10:15 p.m., Officers were in the area of 29th Street and Goodrich Avenue, Sarasota, investigating a 911 call of shots fired. While in the area, Officers observed Summer Lemieux, 26, of Sarasota, driving in reverse, northbound on Goodrich Avenue.
After stopping the vehicle for improper backing, Officers asked Lemieux why she was driving the vehicle in reverse and she responded saying, “what, what?” Officers ordered Lemieux to pull the vehicle over. When Officers approached the vehicle, they observed a quantity of marijuana in plain view on the dashboard.
Officers conducted a vehicle inventory and located:
· 126.9 grams of marijuana
· 3 grams of cocaine
· Suspected hash/hardened THC oil
· Prescription pills (hydromorphone & alprazolam)
· Smoking pipe with marijuana in it
· Weight scales
· Drug paraphernalia
Lemieux received a traffic citation for improper backing and was charged with:
· Possession of Marijuana within 1000 feet of a church (felony)
· Possession of Cocaine within 1000 feet of a church (felony)
· 2 counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance (felony)