Partnership Policing Communications Coordinator (PIO)
Desk Phone: 941-954-7094
Search warrant leads to arrest of 3 people & seizure of firearms and illegal narcotics
On Thursday, February 27, 2020, the Sarasota Police Department Narcotics Unit and Street Crimes Unit, with the assistance of SWAT, executed a search warrant at 3036 31st Way, Sarasota. Three adults were arrested, and illegal narcotics and firearms were seized from the home.
Terrence Manley, 53, of Sarasota, was arrested and is facing charges of Sale of Cocaine within 1000 feet of a church. Joseph G. Heard, 27, of Sarasota, was arrested and is facing charges of Carrying a Concealed Weapon, Possession of Marijuana less than 20 grams and Possession of Paraphernalia. Amanda E. Taggart, 28, of Sarasota, was arrest and is facing charges of Possession of a Legend Drug (Gabapentin – an anti-epileptic drug).
The search warrant was obtained after complaints from residents in the area and undercover drug buys. The following illegal narcotics and firearms were seized from the home:
- 27 grams of MDMA (a psychoactive drug also known as molly or ecstasy)
- .38 Smith &Wesson Revolver (fully loaded with five .38 Rounds)
- .380 KAHR Semi-Auto Pistol (4 rounds/1 in chamber)
- 8.8 grams of an unknown white powder (Lab Analysis Ordered)
- 14 - 8mg Buprenorphine patches (used to treat severe pain)
- 5 - 8mg Buprenorphine pills (opioid medication)
- 11.5 grams (23pills) Gabapentin (anti-epileptic drug)
- .5 grams (1pill) Mirtazapine (legend drug – used to treat depression)
- Ammo box filled with mix ammunition (5.56mm/9mm) and a large knife
- Scale with white residue
- Paraphernalia (7 crack pipes/multiple single doze zip-loc bags)
- .3 grams of crack cocaine
This case remains an active and ongoing investigation. Anyone with any information is asked to call the Sarasota Police Department Criminal Investigations Division at 941-263-6070.