Partnership Policing Communications Coordinator (PIO)
Desk Phone: 941-954-7094
Sarasota Police Department Begins Temporary Telephone Reporting Unit
The Sarasota Police Department is continuing to provide public safety services for visitors and residents 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the City of Sarasota during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
In an effort to assist with calls for service, best serve our community, and reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Sarasota Police Department is implementing a temporary Telephone Reporting Unit (TRU).
Beginning today, March 18, 2020, the TRU will be operated by sworn law enforcement officers and will be in operation daily from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m., eastern standard time.
For emergencies, dial 911. For non-emergencies dispatch, dial 941-316-1199 and for the Sarasota Police Department Front Desk, dial 941-263-6025.
Sarasota Police officers will continue to respond to all emergency calls for service as normal. You can expect to receive calls from TRU officers for the following calls for service:
- Non-endangered missing adults.
- Stolen tags that have occurred in the past and have no suspect.
- Suspicious incidents, persons, or vehicles that have occurred past.
- Disputes/disturbances that have occurred past and have no suspect.
- Thefts/larceny with no suspect.
- Assaults that have occurred past and have no suspect.
- Criminal mischiefs that have occurred past and have no suspect.
- Lewd & lascivious acts that have occurred past and have no suspect.
- Lost property.
- Suspicious or obscene phone calls with no suspect.
- Patrol requests.
- Threats or harassment with no suspect.
- Illegal dumping or burning that has occurred past with no suspect.
- Fraud related crimes.
These changes are being made for the safety of our community and so first responders can stay healthy and able to respond when needed. The Sarasota Police Department appreciates the community for their patience and understanding during this public health emergency.